ID.me provides a best-in-class full-service identity verification platform. Currently, ID.me is the only credential service provider certified at NIST 800-63-3 IAL2 & AAL2 levels for online and virtual in-person identity verification by the Kantara Initiative. ID.me’s technology meets the highest federal standards for online identity proofing, KYC, and AML requirements while Login.gov’s technology does not.
Over the last two years, ID.me’s solution has been installed with federal agencies (Veterans Affairs, Treasury, Social Security Administration) and state workforce agencies for 18 different states. Our pre-verified user community is now over 37 million people and continues to by 1 million users every two weeks.
ID.me’s business model is based on your success. This commitment sets us apart from other credential service providers in the industry, saving taxpayer money and simplifying the process for your end users. Our ability to securely verify users at scale, integrate with your systems, and block potential fraud is unparalleled in the industry.
Improved Verification Services and Pricing
- Usable across multiple government agencies at a federal, state, and local level. They can also port their login credentials to the private sector if they choose
- If a user is unable to verify their identity for any reason, they can join a secure, video call-based proofing session at no extra charge for your agency. No other vendor has the capability to ensure a supervised remote pathway at IAL2 (Login.gov is not certified at IAL2).
- ID.me has a team of Trusted Referees based in Virginia that verify via video call.
- Your agency employees can also act as Trusted Referees to complete identity proofing
- Your agency only pays for successful verifications, not failed attempts or retries like Login.gov.
- ID.me accepts all forms of government ID and numerous other document types.
- Because ID.me is an orchestration platform, it can verify people with 15+ technology partners. Login.gov only uses Acuant and LexisNexis.
- ID.me’s pass rates are typically between 70-90%, while Login.gov’s are 40% or lower.
- Login.gov has never been certified for identity proofing at any level by the Kantara Initiative or SAFE Biopharma, the General Service Administration’s Trust Framework Provider certifiers.
Industry-Leading Fraud Prevention and Security
- ID.me performs extensive telecom matching and fraud analysis. We also use multiple systems that serve as backups in case of outages.
- ID.me provides biometric face matching and liveness detection that work at a 1.1:1 ratio of attempts to successes for legitimate users. Login.gov does not have any biometric capabilities.
- Fraud reports are sent out on a regular basis from ID.me’s security team.
- ID.me offers support for landlines as well as mobile phones.
- Login.gov was implemented by the Small Business Administration on its SBA Connect platform in May 2020. The SBA has still suffered $78 billion in losses due to fraud according to a federal watchdog.
ID.me is the most accessible and cost-effective credential service provider on the market for government use.