You can now offer programs and services online to Americans in need. The ID.me secure digital platform can be used to quickly verify an individual’s participation in public benefits or validate their low-income status.
Before now, there have been few efficient ways to verify eligibility online for low-income individuals or people on public assistance. Participation in services or programs directed at these groups was restricted to manual checks or in-person interactions.
These groups represent a large segment of the population. In a given year, about 19% of the United States’ population (59 million people) are receiving some kind of government assistance like SNAP, Medicaid, housing assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), TANF etc., according to the Urban Institute. About 13.7% of Americans currently live below the poverty threshold, a number that has risen due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Offer programs, discounts, and services online to these groups to help individuals improve quality-of-life and to give back to underserved communities in a meaningful way.
Public Benefit Groups
With our secure digital identity platform, Americans receiving public benefits, low-income groups, and disadvantaged communities can validate their status. This ensures your offerings are going to people who need them.
How does ID.me verify customer eligibility for this benefit?
It’s a simple, two-part process:
- Customers must prove their identity: Customers can verify their identity using our self-service web experience by entering their mobile phone number and date of birth, or by uploading their driver’s license, state ID card or passport.
- Customers must prove their participation in a government assistance program, documentation of income, or unemployed status.
The following groups can be verified:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) General Assistance
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Qualifying low-income status
- Qualifying loss of income
- School Breakfast Program (SBP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Tribal Head Start
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
Get Proven Results from ID.me
ID.me’s verification platform has already been successfully implemented and tested. In 2021, the FCC approved our platform to validate users for the Emergency Broadband Benefit, a program that gives subsidized discounts to disadvantaged communities. We successfully verified applicants to the Emergency Broadband Benefit for our partners.
Make a an important difference in your community. Instead of a time-consuming and expensive manual process or a wide-open system that is subject to abuse, you can implement ID.me and give a seamless, empathetic pathway for Americans everywhere.
Interested in learning more about ID.me’s Public Benefits Recipient Verification?
ID.me simplifies how individuals securely prove and share their identity online. The ID.me secure digital identity network has 80 million users with over 145,000 new people joining daily, as well as partnerships with 30 states, 10 federal agencies, and over 500 name brand retailers. The company provides identity proofing, authentication and group affiliation verification for organizations across sectors. The company’s technology meets the federal standards for consumer authentication and is approved as a NIST 800-63-3 IAL2 / AAL2 conformant credential service provider by the Kantara Initiative. ID.me’s Identity Gateway also has a Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Moderate Authority to Operate (ATO). ID.me is the only provider with video chat and is committed to “No Identity Left Behind” to enable all people to have a secure digital identity