How to Find the Best Back-to-School Sales in 2022
School supplies, books, backpacks, clothing, shoes, software, electronics. It’s no secret that back-to-school shopping can put a serious dent in your budget. So with the 2022 academic year looming on the horizon, it’s a perfect time to track down the best back-to-school sales.
Finding back-to-school deals can be daunting, so we’ve put together a quick guide to help you track down everything you need without breaking the bank. Click one of the links below to check out discounts from our partners for:
Finding the Best Back-to-School Sales
Back-to-school deals aren’t exactly elusive. The closer September gets, the more every form of media floods with back-to-school ads.
And the plentiful options are sometimes part of the problem. How do you wade through a stream of discounts to find exactly what you need at a price that fits your budget? Here are four money-saving tips:
- Find local deals on social media. Shopping local is a great way to help support your community and keep the businesses you love strong. Visit the social media profiles of some of your favorite local shops to see what they’re offering for back-to-school.
- Search “back to school deals near me.” This simple internet search should bring up a variety of retailers offering back-to-school sales in your area. Take a look at what they offer!
- Sign up for email newsletters. Yes, we know your inbox overfloweth. But email newsletters from your favorite retailers are a great way to get notified about sales and discounts.
- Verify your identity to save! If you haven’t already, verify your identity with ID.me to unlock the best deals through ID.me Shop. You’ll find discount offers for everyone, and also exclusive discounts for students, teachers, military members and veterans, first responders, nurses and medical professionals, and government employees.
How to Get the Best Deals on School Supplies
If you’ve raised children or you’re a student shopping for your own supplies, you’ve probably experienced that mad store-to-store scramble to find the one or two elusive items on your back-to-school shopping list. But you can minimize the stress with a bit of preparation.
- Start shopping early. You don’t want your must-haves to be sold out by the time you start, so beat the rush. Back-to-school sales start earlier than you might think!
- Make a list. Even if you already have a supply list from your school, make a list of other essentials you might need, like a backpack, shoes, or clothing. If you stick to your list, you’re less likely to forget or buy things impulsively.
- Make a map. This tip is next-level, but mapping out the stores you need to visit to get sale prices on big-ticket items can help you avoid overspending. For example, just list which items are found at what stores and you won’t forget who had that fantastic deal on desk lamps.
- Shop at off-peak times. Avoid Friday evenings and weekend afternoons so you won’t have to fight the crowds to get the best deals. (You can also search your local store on Google to see just how busy they are in real-time.)
- Shop online. Online shopping can be a perfect way to get the things you need without the hassle. Just make sure you order early to allow for shipping.
You can start your back-to-school shopping right now if you’re an ID.me member! (PRO TIP: Not an ID.me member yet? Sign up here!) Browse the back-to-school sales below to see which incredible discounts will help you check some must-haves off your list.